On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Alexander Klimetschek
<aklim...@adobe.com> wrote:

> A little bit OT: If you also use Apache Sling, it comes with its own
> WebDAV (view and partially different implementation), so there is always a
> bit of redundancy in the combination. It might be good to let Jackrabbit 3
> concentrate on the internal persistence architecture and not on
> web-interfaces or remoting.

This assumes developers use Apache Sling as web framework. I think
there are many developers using Jackrabbit and never worked with
Sling. We have our own web framework that interacts with JCR
repositories. Remoting and web-interfaces are imo a crucial part of
Jackrabbit, and should not be moved to Sling. Why not move the WebDAV
layer of Sling to Jackrabbit to avoid redundancy for Sling users?

So, -1 from my pov.

(note that I on purpose at the 'pov' here, as I think that it is
crucial to consider the pov of developers not using Sling)

Regards Ard