I must Thomas give right. I would not like depend on osgi.

A good article for me is http://blogs.mulesoft.org/osgi-no-thanks/

>At some point we need to discuss where to start with Jackrabbit 3. I guess
>the most important deliverable is an embedded (not server; that is, no
>remoting) JCR 2.0 repository that uses a database as the storage backend.
>This would be 'one project' as I wrote in the subject (and one jar file).

I would also like the approach of one jar with the core features.
On the other hand having some modules (remoting) will be a good way for me.

I see also the complexity of all the modules that we now have in jackrabbit.
and would like have less modules

greets
claus