On 03/07/2012 09:25 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Jukka Zitting<jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>  wrote:

The list is ready now, you can subscribe by sending a message to
oak-dev-subscr...@jackrabbit.apache.org. I suggest we move discussion
about Oak to the new list gradually over the next few days as
interested people get subscribed. I'll change the Jira notifications
for OAK to go to the new list at the end of today.

The main rationale for using a separate mailing list is that the Oak
codebase is a fundamentally different repository implementation than
Jackrabbit 2.x (a "revolution" in Stefano's terms), and a separate
list should help make that more obvious and help prevent confusion
like in the other thread where people were jumping to wrong conclusion
about identifiers based on current Jackrabbit design.

OK.
While I'd personally would prefer a single dev list, I'm mostly a lurker tracking progress, so subscribing to two lists isn't much of a deal either.

However, if you really want to prevent confusion, I think then also JIRA OAK messages and /jackrabbit/oak commit messages should be redirected to the oak-dev@ list. Right now discussions and replies on oak specific issues and commit messages still end up on the main dev@ so IMO not serving the intent.

Regards,

Ate

BR,

Jukka Zitting