Hi Kiran,

Please find answers inline below.

From:  "Suthrave, Kiran"
> We have been using JCR 1.4 version.

You're probably referring to Oak 1.4, right?

> Recently we encountered lease check failure error.
> I have few queries regarding this:
> ·        Could you please help understand how lease check works ?

Each oak-documentMk instance keeps its 'leaseEnd' entry in the cluster nodes
collection up to date - indicating peer instances that it is (still) alive
(see [0] for details). An instance is considered dead when that 'leaseEnd'
is timed out. Similarly, each instance checks itself if it has the
'leaseEnd' updated or not. If it did not, it auto shuts down the oak-core
bundl (see [1]).

> ·        What are the scenarios lease check will fail?

Any situation that (virtually) pauses an instance, eg full GC cycles running
for a very long time, process being properly paused (Ctrl-Z).

> ·        How to custom handle LeaseCheckFailure?

You can disable leaseCheckFailure explicitly via [2] or you can register
your own handler in [3]. There's currently no system property or config
option for this though, it can only be done in code atm.

> ·        How to configure lease time?

via '-Doak.documentMK.leaseDurationSeconds='

> ·        Is there any api which can give us lease cstatus

Not that I know of.

Cheers,
Stefan
--