On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 8:48 PM, Claude Warren <cla...@xenei.com> wrote:

> my 2 cents:
>
> First:
> I prefer interface based approaches as I find that over time I have
> had fewer problems with them.  For things that should be calculated in
> a specific way a static Utility class within the interface can provide
> implementations of many things.
>
> Second:
> if equals() is being defined then hashCode() must also so that
> x.equals(y) => x.hashcode() == y.hashcode().

Yes, that's why an interface defining equals so that instances of different
implementations can be equals must also define hashCode() as this is done
by:

http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/mvn-site/org.apache.clerezza.rdf.core/apidocs/org/apache/clerezza/rdf/core/Graph.html#hashCode%28%29

> The converse is not necessarily true.

Cannot be as there are more than 2^32 graphs.

Reto