OK, agree that it should be easy out of the box to compile.

With remove you mean to move out of source code or just not include it
in the release?

Just disabling it in <modules> (or require the -Papache-release flag)
would work for me.

The test source is IP and license clean - so there's no issue with it
hanging around.

The PAX solution should work, but needs some more developer time I am
not sure exactly when I can promise to do - but possibly this week
depending on how late the kids get to bed ... :)

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
Apache Taverna (incubating)