Github user afs commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/jena/pull/151

    I haven't got my head around the new API yet - this is just a preliminary
comment.

    It is a bit of a change around authentication but I think it is the right
thing to do.  It seems to me that the only other choice is not to migrate to
the new API which over time will become a nuisance.

    Documenting the migration (for the release notes) will be helpful - maybe
an example for user/password in the HttpOp class javadoc. If someone can grok
that, they can see how to migrate their own code.

    One thought - it looks like the new style is to treat `CloseableHttpClient`
as a one time use object. That means a try-resource in `HttpOp.exec`.  I'm not
sure how widespread this is. `getDefaultHttpClient` `setDefaultHttpClient`
should be changed to be a `HttpClientBuilder`?

---
with INFRA.
---