Hi Andy,

Thanks for the tip. I’m somewhat slow with proper maven use.

I cloned mantis and did

    mvn install

and then cloned jena, updated the jena-fuseki-war pom.xml with the dependency
and did a

    mvn install

in jena and

    mvn package

in jena-fuseki-war and produced the desired war file with tdb2-0.3.0.jar.

I then updated the configuration file with:

> @prefix tdb2:    <http://jena.apache.org/2016/tdb#> .
>
> . . .
>
> [] ja:loadClass "org.seaborne.tdb2.TDB2" .
> tdb2:DatasetTDB2  rdfs:subClassOf  ja:RDFDataset .
>
> . . .
>
> :dataset_test rdf:type      tdb2:DatasetTDB2 ;
>      tdb2:location "/etc/fuseki/databases/test" ;
>      tdb2:unionDefaultGraph true ;

And fuseki seems happy. Now for much testing.

Thanks again,
Chris

> [...]
>
> If there is something else happening, do let me know.
>
>    Andy
>

> On 7 September 2017 at 14:43, Chris Tomlinson <chris.j.tomlin...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We very much would like to see TDB2 incorporated into Jena as an option,
>> especially for the online compaction. I spent a bit of time trying to build
>> a fuseki-tdb2-war module but it will be much easier if TDB2 is incorporated
>> into Jena (we deploy fuseki as war into tomcat rather than the
>> fuseki-tbd2-server approach).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chris
>>
>>> On Sep 4, 2017, at 5:27 PM, Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'd like to offer TDB2 as a contribution to Apache Jena.
>>>
>>> It is by no means "finished" (is anything software ever finished?) but
>> it is sufficiently there to talk about and kick the tyres; I'll send notes
>> about the technical state of TDB2 separately in a moment.
>>>
>>> * It adds project overhead. The build is only a couple of minutes,
>> including upload time, (a lot of testing is done with in-memory databases,
>> like TDB1, which makes setup and teardown of tests much faster).  However,
>> more stuff in the codebase is still more to get right for a release.
>>>
>>> * Support: while TDB2 works, it is unproven and rough round the edges
>> (unclear errors message, stacktraces rather than meaningful messages etc)
>> and questions/tickets may be quite hard to respond to (complex situations;
>> no track record of what's gone wrong before).  Testing on MS Windows or
>> macOS has not been done.
>>>
>>> * Integration: It is not stable enough to be used in mainstream Fuseki2
>> as the default persistent database.  I see this as happening gradually.
>> There is a Fuseki+TDB2 jar built at the moment but you have to use
>> configuration files to setup the database.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/afs/mantis/blob/master/use-fuseki-tdb2.md
>>>
>>> * Initial status: I suggest we label it "incoming" or some such - it
>>> would not hold up a release for example, and not everything might be
>> fixed at the point of a Jena release.  It shouldn't stop the main code set
>> that users rely on getting out in the usual cycle.
>>>
>>> * Legal issues: the code has always been under the Apache License
>> (original work was done as part of grant from the UK gov which required
>> open source deliverables) but it would be simpler and cleaner for, e.g.
>> moving or fixing copyright/licence notices around, for there to be software
>> grants. The two parties involved are myself and Epimorphics Ltd. Both
>> parties are willing to submit the paperwork.
>>>
>>> * A project vote.  This is a new set of modules so a formal, explicit
>> vote seems worthwhile.
>>>
>>> Thoughts, concerns, questions?
>>>
>>>   Andy
>>>
>>> The code:
>>> https://github.com/afs/mantis
>>> (I can clean this up before integration as to what we agree on, so that

>>> org.seaborne.mantis:tdb2