On 29/03/18 13:41, Claude Warren wrote:
just to double check, do you start with a clean?

mvn clean? Yes.

Also started with a completely empty maven repo this morning.

And I've rebooted the machine :-)

Might be an issue with an older/newer version appearing somewhere.

The release plugin checks for SNAPSHOTS.

So the dry/real difference is version numbers have been advanced.
And I can't run this in the Eclipse debugger.

Going old school with System.err.println.  Bad memories.

    Andy