On 27/12/2022 11:45, Marco Neumann wrote:
After shutting down a local instance of fuseki, all tests pass now and the
build is successful. I remember that attempting to bind port 3030 has been
in issue for some time and changing ports for the tests is a good idea.
Already fixed for the next RC by:

https://github.com/apache/jena/commit/080e9e71bc3ecabc88e2f9e1cb2dba220b68de3c

Not ideal, but an easy fix for a later better one.  At least it's not 3030.

If the port is zero, a Fuseki (well, the OS really) allocates a free port which can be retrieved with getPort.
While this is good news, I still get some intermittent but not reproducible
test failures for the fuseki-UI cypress tests.

https://github.com/apache/jena/issues/1644

the only thing that has changed is that it isn't only on one of my machines now which it has been for sometime - and it has just happened on a GH action.

It does not appear to be Jena - it passes sometime .. in a deterministic test. Altering the local machine networking (including whether docker is running) changes the situation. So it seems to be the Cypress tests (the tests are not calling a Apache Jena Fuseki server, they call a mock). There is a screenshot captured in tests/e2e/screenshots/datasets.cy.js/datasets/

Changing the test order does not it fix it - just moves an error around.

[INFO] [TESTS]  ERROR  Error: Command failed:
/home/lotico/git/jena/jena-fuseki2/jena-fuseki-ui/node_modules/cypress/bin/cypress
run --config baseUrl=http://localhost:33661  --headless
    Andy