On 23 January 2012 06:38, Mark Collin <m...@ardescosolutions.com> wrote:
> The mvn deploy command should also build the package if the <build> section
> exists in the POM so you could have a build section for the parent POM that
> only pulls in resources that are required (this would muddy the waters
> slightly but seems like the pragmatic approach).

Ant build is currently only using deploy-file, which does not build anything.

The problem with deploy (as used when testing this previously) is that
it wants to build (and test) everything, which means that it
regenerates the jars.
Apart from being quite slow and unnecessary, the deployed jars would
then be different from the binary archive.

> Of course you could also tweak your ant script to build all of the
> dependencies into a jar and then deploy that as well for the mavenised
> build.  This sounds worse IMHO because you are modifying your existing build
> process to create something that your normal ant build doesn't require.

That's what I have done for now; however I've put it in a maven-only task.