On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 5:18 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23 January 2012 15:34, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > My answers below.
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 3:51 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> The Logger panel is useful, but I really don't like the way it is
> >> added to every single GUI pane. Is that really intentional?
> >>

> > Can you explain what you mean ?.
> > Today LoggerPanel is initialized at creation of MainFrame and not every
> > time you open a Test Plan.
>
> Start JMeter (Gui mode)
>
> Select Test Plan, then Workbench.
> No logger panel showing in either.
>
> Check Options/Logviewer
>
> Now both Workbench and Test Plan have the logger panel.
> Same applies to any other Gui screens.
>
> Yes it's intentional, because when I test a plan  I want the console view
to be always here. It's like the console in Eclipse.
It is in MainFrame.
I still not see what you would like to have.

> >> Also at present, disabling the option does not appear to release the
> >> memory, because the same contents are redisplayed when re-enabled.
> >>
> >> Ok with this, I'll fix it this evening.
> >
> > It might make more sense to add it to the workbench GUI.
> >> This could then provide options to clear/refresh/reload/change size etc.
> >>
> > These are already handled in current implementation ?
>
> No, they are not, at least not at run-time.

I am not sure to see what you are want, but if you are talking about menu
options to clear, refresh , change size, well I imagined the same behaviour
as Eclipse console, with some icons to clear.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.