On 20 May 2012 13:01, Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de> wrote:
> On 19.05.2012 19:11, Milamber wrote:
>>
>> [ X] +1  I support this release
>>
>> [  ] +0  I am OK with this release
>> [  ] -0   OK, but....
>> [  ] -1   I do not support this release (please indicate why)
>

> +1 for release.
>
> Some minor observations, roughly the same as last time plus some other
> details for the yen sign problem, small new problems for collapse.png and
> expand.png and some "2.6" string in a subversion file which was fixed in the
> distribution file.
>
> Thanks for RM!
>
> Details:
>
> - MD5 OK
> - signatures OK
> - key in KEYS file
> - AFAIK the key is still not in the web of trust. It would be good
>  if we found a way to sign your key.
>  Maybe during ApacheCon EU in November?
> - gz and zip for src and bin consistent apart from:
>  - Files extras/collapse.png and extras/expand.png differ
>    (the ones in the zip are bigger, gz and svn look the same,
>     I guess some unintended conversion happened).
>    Those files are not part of the distribution if I build it myself.
>    Not a blocker, should be fixed before next time.
>  - File printable_docs/usermanual/functions.html again the yen sign
>    in line 3531. File says it is ISO-8859-1 encoded, File in gz
>    looks OK (and like the docs one in svn), file in zip has
>    a multibyte character instead of decimal 165. When I rebuild JMeter
>    myself, the yen sign looks right in both files, so seems the
>    be an issue with build environment or process.

The file in the zip would have been passed through the LF/CRLF
conversion process.
Explains why it is OK in tar.gz and SVN but not Zip.

Build.xml needs to be fixed to prevent that happening.
I'll have a look at that.

>    Not a blocker.
>
> - src consistent with svn tag, except for the following points:
>
>  - File xdocs/overview.html contains "2.6" in svn but "2.7" in distribution
> archives
>
>  Only in svn/extras: collapse.png
>  Only in svn/extras: expand.png
>
>  Already observed for 2.6
>  (and I won't mention them for the next release):
>
>  Only in gz/bin/testfiles: Sample_Chart.png
>  Only in gz/bin/testfiles: Sample_Line_Graph.png
>  Quoting sebb said: Those are test output files; should probably be excluded
> in future. Or they should get created elsewhere.
>
>  Only in svn: doap_JMeter.rdf
>  Quoting sebb: That's normal for many projects.
> Possibly should find somewhere else to keep the doap - it's only
> really useful for the projects.a.o site as it gets updated after the
> release.
>
>  Only in svn: rat-excludes.txt
>  Quoting sebb: That's only used by buildbot.

Again, perhaps that can be stored elsewhere.

> - File permissions in svn and src distribution (OK in bin distribution)
>
>  - extras/proxycert.sh and bin/*.sh files not executable
>    in svn and src distribution
>  - bin/jmeter, bin/jmeter-server and xdocs/download_jmeter.cgi
>    files not executable in src distribution (but they are in svn)

Files should probably not be executable in SVN, but should be in the tar.gz.
Zip does not support the setting.