Hello,
After reading further on this topic and also reading the different
comments, my position would be:
- switch everywhere to R1 (also in commons-math)
- use the PR from contributor for the median and jorphan computations
- document the change and algo somewhere

>From my understanding, tests having large results should not be affected by
change.

This would at least make computations uniform until we decide what library
to use.

I need your go before going further.

If we decide for statusquo then please comment on respective bugs to
explain to reported and contributor why we won't change anything.

Regards

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.