Github user emilianbold commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/300

    It's not the same bug, but a limitation of the current undo design I've
built upon.

    We basically take a snapshot at the *end* of an action. The snapshot
includes the tree data and state.

    >step 3. Add User Defined Variables, move it before Thread Group 1
    >step 4. Unfold TG2 and fold TG1
    >step 5. Duplicate User Defined Variables

    So when you undo, you don't go back in time to right before step 5 in order
to see that tree state. You actually go at the end of step 3, and see the tree
state *before* step 4.

    I have some ideas how step 4 might become an undoable edit itself but I'd
rather not complicate the patch too much.

---
with INFRA.
---