Thanks Graham for those very interesting insights.

Is gradle able within its dependency management to handle case where
dependency is not a Maven nor Ivy one ?

   -

https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/introduction_dependency_management.html

I guess it would be possible to do it with custom coding (download artifact
and put it in local maven repository, but if it's built-in it would be
better.

We have Darcula which is in this case.

Regarding your proposal, do you think it would be feasible as a first step
to delegate dependencies management to Gradle ?
I think it would possibly improve already developer experience.

Thanks

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.