On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 at 21:27, Vladimir Sitnikov
<sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've added some Gradle scripts: https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/448
>
> It does not build any jars yet, neither it runs tests.
> However it does load dependencies, so the code is green for me.
>
> I do move files around to allow test and implementation to be colocated
> (src/main and src/test folders)

Is is absolutely necessary to move the files around?
One reason we did not use Maven was that it meant moving all the files around.

> I'm using IntelliJ IDEA. Can anyone else check other IDEs? Does Gradle
> project load?
> I'm not sure how eclipse.classpath and eclipse.project files work, however
> I guess those files should be deleted, and

They are starting samples for the Eclipse .classpath and .project files.

This is explained in eclipse.md and in
http://jmeter.apache.org/building.html
which is referenced on the main page

It looks like the README.md file does not have any such information.
There should probably be a separate BUILDING.md file with details for
the various IDEs.