Ok, so there's been a change...

I emailed Ted Farrell at Oracle to plead for Kenai source to be
released. He explained that would be too difficult right now due to
the license/code-vetting process require, which I understand. However,
he also said that Kenai was not actually going to be shut down.

Apparently, they want to actively make Kenai be the new java.net
infrastructure! They have posted a clarification on http://kenai.com.
So it seems like there was a miscommunication (or a change of heart),
and projects won't actually need to migrate off Kenai if they don't
want to (details of how they'll transparently migrate to java.net are
unclear).

We've already started moving some services off Kenai, unfortunately,
and it may be best if we continue down that path. It would be nice to
be completely self-managed, so no project site ever bumps us around
again. But what do you all think?