I will echo Nick's suggestion: reproduce in a simple script. If we can
narrow it down to a simple schema and script, the fix may be easy to
find.

My money is on auto-generated ID not propagating back out properly during #save.

Feel free to open an AR-JDBC issue at this point:
https://github.com/jruby/activerecord-jdbc-adapter/issues

- Charlie