Hi Andrew!

unless anyone explicitly removes himself from PMC/committership s/he
remains in there, even if they're inactive for years.
So you can still commit and your vote is still binding too O:-)

The rationale behind that is that merit doesn't expire. Also, anyone's
circumstances or motivations can change over time,
so at any given moment anyone can decide stop contributing becasue
whatever, but that doesn't necessarily mean that
that decission should last forever. By not actively removing anyone, it's
easier to hop on later.

cheers,
juan pablo