Targeting multiple Scala versions is easy with Ant/Ivy and I believe is possible in Maven. Incremental compilation is available through some IDEs:

Eclipse has a plugin from Typesafe that does incremental build: http://typesafe.com/technology/scala-ide Intellij supports it by using SBT: http://blog.jetbrains.com/scala/2012/12/28/a-new-way-to-compile/

Lowly vim users like myself would have to suffer longer compile times

-David