We can easily make a Camus configuration that would mimic the functionality
of the hadoop consumer in contrib.  It may require the addition of a
BinaryWritable decoder, and a couple minor code changes.  As for the
producer, we don't have anything in Camus that does what it does.  But
maybe we should at some point.  In the meantime, Gaurav is going to take a
look at what is in contrib and see if it is easily fixed.  I have a feeling
it probably will take minimal effort, and allow us to kick the can down the
road till we get more time to properly address this.

@Jay, would this work for now?

Ken