I agree Matthias. I also see the metadata stored in the value of the topic
status record being extended in the near future to include additional
useful information.

I'm happy to announce that we met our first deadline and that this KIP has
been approved with:

3 binding +1 votes from Randall Hauch, Bill Bejeck and Matthias Sax, as
well as
2 non-binding +1 votes from Tom Bentley and Almog Gavra.

KIP-558 is now adopted in its latest version.
Thank you all for the helpful discussion!

- Konstantine