Looking at where the log message comes from:
org.apache.kafka.common.config.AbstractConfig#logUnused
it seems like maybe the warning just happens when you pass
extra configs to a client that it has no knowledge of (and therefore
doesn't "use").

I'm now suspicious if Streams is actually sending extra configs to the
clients, although it seems like we _don't_ see these warnings in other cases.

Maybe some of the folks who actually see these messages can try to pinpoint
where exactly the rogue configs are coming from?

I might have overlooked a message at some point, but it wasn't clear to
me that we were talking about warnings that were actually caused by Streams.
I thought the unknown configs were something user-specified.

Thanks,
-John