Hi Colin,

Thanks for the proposal. A few initial comments comments/questions below:

1. I don't follow why we need a separate configuration for
`controller.listeners`. The current listener configuration already allows
users to specify multiple listeners, which allows them to define internal
endpoints that are not exposed to clients. Can you explain what the new
configuration gives us that we don't already have?
2. What is the advantage of creating a separate `controller.id` instead of
just using `broker.id`?
3. It sounds like you are imagining a stop-the-world approach to
snapshotting, which is why we need the controller micromanaging snapshots
on all followers. Alternatives include fuzzy snapshots which can be done
concurrently. If this has been rejected, can you add some detail about why?
4. More of a nit, but should `DeleteBrokerRecord` be
`ShutdownBrokerRecord`? The broker is just getting removed from ISRs, but
it would still be present in the replica set (I assume).

Thanks,
Jason