Hi Sophie,
I found there is 1 issue that should be cherry-picked into 2.6 and 2.7
branches: KAFKA-12312 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-12312>.
Simply put, *Scala* *2.13.4* is released at the end of 2020, and we
upgraded to it and fixed some compatible issues on this PR
<https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/9643>, more specifically, it's here
<https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/9643/files#diff-fda3fb44e69a19600913bd951431fb0035996c76325b1c1d84d6f34bec281205R292>
.
We only merged this fix on *trunk*(which will be on 2.8), but we didn't
tell users (or we didn't know there'll be compatible issues) not to adopt
the latest *Scala* *2.13.4*.

Therefore, I think we should cherry-pick this fix into 2.6 and 2.7
branches. What do you think?

Thank you.
Luke