Leah, thanks for the KIP.

It looks good to me overall, just following up on @br...@confluent.io
`TopologyException` class? I know that currently it is only thrown during
the topology parsing phase, not at the streams construction, but I feel we
can extend its scope to cover both topology building and streams object
(i.e. taking the topology and the config) construction time as well since
part of the construction is again to re-write / augment the topology.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang