Hi,

Thank you for the discussion. I am fine with removing the config value completely in 3.0.0. I was a bit conservative by treating the config value as any other config value. The points you all raise make sense and I will remove the config value right away. I will not remove the config, though, because I agree with Sophie and Guozhang that we might need it in future. We can remove the config in a future KIP when it is clearer if we still need it or not.

Next time, we should immediatley deprecate the older metrics version.

I will update the KIP and start voting.

Best,
Bruno