Thanks for generating a new RC1 with the corrected site docs, David.

I was able to successfully complete the following:

- Installed 2.8.1 RC0 and performed quickstart for broker and Connect
- Verified signatures and checksums
- Verified the tag
- Manually compared the release notes to JIRA
- Build release archive from the tag, ran Connect tests, installed locally,
and ran a portion of quickstart
- Manually spotchecked the Javadocs
- Verified the site docs at https://kafka.apache.org/28/documentation.html
has corrected version references, except for the tar and cd commands in
step 1 of the https://kafka.apache.org/28/documentation.html#quickstart.

I think that last issue is minor and not worth another RC, since the other
version references in https://kafka.apache.org/28/documentation.html do
reference 2.8.1 and we can easily fix it on the website, optionally as part
of the other post-vote changes to the site.

So I'm +1 (binding)

Best regards,

Randall