Hi All,
Well this question can be asked on discuss.elastic.co
However I would like to answer this.
I am sure you need compatibility with logstash.
You can go through this document for logstash-kafka integration
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/plugins-integrations-kafka.html

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/plugins/servlet/mobile?contentId=73638194#content/view/73638194

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns on
this matter.

Cheers,
Sunil Chaudhari.