Jay, I agree with you.

This goes back to the spam fiasco that occurred on confluence and the
pendulum swinging because of it.  Re-reading that email there doesn't seem
anything specific requiring us to have them sign the ICLA but it looks like
that is a requirement if we wanted INFRA to assign the person in the
asf-cla group... so we could just have our own contributor group and manage
that in confluence however we wanted?

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC