Hi Daniel,

I think this is a useful addition, it helps resolving issues and
escalations, and improves overall traceability.
Changing the logging context may imply the risk of making certain log
parsers unable to work on new logs. As I see we by default disable this
feature which solves this problem, however I also think that by disabling
it by default it isn't much of a help because users may not know about this
configuration and would not benefit from these when they face problems. So
overall I'd like to go with default=true and wanted to put this out here
for the community to discuss whether it's a problem.
Also, what was the reasoning behind rejecting the second alternative? As I
see that would be a viable option and maybe a bit more idiomatic to the
logging framework.

A minor note: please update the JIRA link in the KIP to point to the right
one.

Best,
Viktor