Hi, I am also very excited to see this discussion, because I also implemented
the "federation model" based on the kafka-0.10.2.1 version before in company
and got benefits from going online. It solves the problem of seamlessly
migrating the bytesIn/bytesOut of a topic to another kafka cluster without the
client being aware. Therefore, it includes the cross-cluster synchronous topic
data mentioned in this discussion, and ensures the consistency of the offset.
It also provides the global coordinator service to ensure the consistency of
the group offset, and the metadata service to ensure that the client is visible
of the real traffic cluster of the topic. So I am very excited to see that the
community has finally discussed this feature, and I especially hope to
participate in the development and reviewer of this feature as a co-author.

&gt; 发件人: "Chia-Ping Tsai" <chia7...@gmail.com>
&gt; 发送时间: 2023-05-20 18:57:31 (星期六)
&gt; 收件人: dev@kafka.apache.org
&gt; 抄送: t...@conduktor.io.invalid
&gt; 主题: Re: [DISCUSS] Cluster Linking / Cross-Cluster Replication - Call for
Interest &amp; Co-Authors
&gt;
</chia7...@gmail.com>