I agree with Divij. A nightly Apache Kafka build for PowerPC would be welcome.
But it shouldn't run on every build, since the extra time and complexity would
not be worth it.

By the way, are there any features or plugins we don't intend to support on
PPC? If there are, this KIP would be a good place to spell them out.

Naively, I would think all of our Java and Scala code should work on PPC
without changes. However, there may be library dependencies that don't exist on
PPC. (We have to remember that the last desktop PowerPC chip that an average
user could buy shipped in 2005....)

best,
Colin