I think singular was used because that's the common case for the cli tools.
To be honest, it's actually a bit more confusing to have both singular and
plural for the cli tools and you have to remember the exact version for
each one. We should either support plural for both and the singular one is
just an alias for compatibility or stick with singular for both.

Ismael