Hi Chris,

Thanks for thinking about this useful feature !
I had a question regarding

> Since cluster metadata is not required to handle these types of request,
they will not be forwarded to the leader

And later, we also mention about supporting more scope types in the future.
Don't you foresee a future scope type which may require cluster metadata ?
In that case, isn't it better to forward the requests to the leader in the
initial implementation ?

I would also recommend an additional system test for Standalone herder to
ensure that the new scope parameter is honored and the response contains
the last modified time.

Thanks,
Ashwin