The offset lag is the difference between the last end offset of the source
partition (LEO) and the last replicated source offset (LRO).
The offset of the last `ConsumerRecord` for a partition obtained in poll
represent the LEO in the source cluster, and LRO is obtained at producer
callback where we have the source offset of the record being committed
available to us:
https://kafka.apache.org/26/javadoc/org/apache/kafka/connect/source/SourceTask.html#commitRecord-org.apache.kafka.connect.source.SourceRecord-org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.RecordMetadata-

Does this make sense?
Thanks!