Hi Vedarth,

I think we shouldn't introduce any new release process that is docker
specific. We should consider the software in the docker image in the same
way as consider third party dependencies today - if there is a high
severity CVE affecting any of them, we aim to release a new version of
Kafka for the affected branch. It would include the latest Kafka code from
the branch.

Additionally, we should specify the EOL policy in this KIP - we are not
changing it as part of it. One interesting detail is that the release
document claims we support the last 3 releases, but the reality has been a
bit different - we tend to support the 2 most recent releases unless it's a
high severity CVE in Kafka itself (these tend to be much rarer, thankfully).

Ismael