Hi Raman,

Thank you for the KIP.  I think using the tagged field
in DescribeTransactionsResponse should be good -- if either the client or
the server don't support it, it's not printed, which is reasonable behavior.

For the ListTransactionsRequest, though, I think using the tagged field
could lead to a subtle compatibility issue if a new client is used with old
server: the client could specify the DurationFilter, but the old server
would ignore it and list all transactions instead, which could be
misleading or potentially even dangerous if the results are used in a
script for some automation.  I think a more desirable behavior would be to
fail if the server doesn't support the new filter, which we should be able
to achieve if we bump version of the ListTransactionsRequest and add
DurationFilter as a regular field.

-Artem