Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the second candidate we are considering for release of Apache Kafka
3.7.0.

Major changes include:
- Early Access to KIP-848 - the next generation of the consumer rebalance
protocol
- Early Access to KIP-858: Adding JBOD support to KRaft
- KIP-714: Observability into Client metrics via a standardized interface

Release notes for the 3.7.0 release:
https://home.apache.org/~stanislavkozlovski/kafka-3.7.0-rc4/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Thursday, February 15th, 9AM PST ***

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
https://home.apache.org/~stanislavkozlovski/kafka-3.7.0-rc4/

* Docker release artifact to be voted upon:
apache/kafka:3.7.0-rc4

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/

* Javadoc:
https://home.apache.org/~stanislavkozlovski/kafka-3.7.0-rc4/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 3.7 branch) is the 3.7.0 tag:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/releases/tag/3.7.0-rc4

* Documentation:
https://kafka.apache.org/37/documentation.html

* Protocol:
https://kafka.apache.org/37/protocol.html

* Successful Jenkins builds for the 3.7 branch:

Unit/integration tests: I am in the process of running and analyzing these.
System tests: I am in the process of running these.

Expect a follow-up over the weekend

* Successful Docker Image Github Actions Pipeline for 3.7 branch:
Docker Build Test Pipeline:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/actions/runs/7845614846

Best,
Stanislav