Hey folks,

I recently learned about Github's Merge Queue feature, and I think it could
help us out.

Essentially, when you hit the Merge button on a PR, it will add the PR to a
queue and let you run a CI job before merging. Just something simple like
compile + static analysis would probably save us from a lot of headaches on
trunk.

I can think of two situations this would help us avoid:
* Two valid PRs are merged near one another, but they create a code
breakage (rare)
* A quick little "fixup" commit on a PR actually breaks something (less
rare)

Looking at our Github stats, we are averaging under 40 commits per week.
Assuming those primarily come in on weekdays, that's 8 commits per day. If
we just run "gradlew check -x tests" for the merge queue job, I don't think
we'd get backlogged.

Thoughts?
David

--