Hi Matthias,
It's not adding a new functionality but it's changing the way to generate
artifacts. In the end we are talking about generating a new binary.

I could live with not having a KIP, but a DISCUSS thread I think it's
necessary. This signals the community members and maintainers that their
input is needed.

I could help you with writing the KIP if you want.

Best,

Josep Prat
Open Source Engineering Director, aivenjosep.p...@aiven.io   |
+491715557497 | aiven.io
Aiven Deutschland GmbH
Alexanderufer 3-7, 10117 Berlin
Geschäftsführer: Oskari Saarenmaa & Hannu Valtonen
Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 209739 B