Hey there,

I'd like to discuss a Scala 3 release of the Kafka-Streams-Scala library.
As you might have seen already, I have recently created a ticket
and a PR
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/15338
to move this forward. The changes required to make Kafka-Streams-Scala
compile with Scala 3 are trivial; the trickier part is the build system and
the release process
I have made some changes to the build system (feel free to comment on the
above PR about that) that make it possible to test Kafka-Streams-Scala and
build the jar. What remains to be done is the CI and release process. There
is a `release.py` file in the Kafka repository's root directory, which
assumes that all artifacts are available for all supported Scala versions.
This is no longer the case with my changes because while porting
Kafka-Streams-Scala to Scala 3 is trivial, porting Kafka to Scala 3 is less
so, and shouldn't hold back a Scala 3 release of Kafka-Streams-Scala. I
would appreciate some guidance as to what the release process should look
like in the future.

Oh and I've made a PR to remove a syntax error from release.py.
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/15350

All the best,
Matthias