As added info on top of what Josep said, in the Scala space most OS
software supports
Scala 2.12/Scala 2.13 and Scala 3 but with Scala 2.12 specifically the
Scala OS
community itself wants to eventually have people to stop supporting it
(it's in maintenance mode) so it makes sense to tie this into Kafka 4.0.x
which will
drop Scala 2.12 support.

We should also take care and make sure the Scala 3 version is pinned to
3.3.x since
it's part of the LTS[1] series, in other words we should be careful that
people won't bump
the Scala version to 3.4.x.

1:
https://www.scala-lang.org/blog/2022/08/17/long-term-compatibility-plans.html

--

Matthew de Detrich

*Aiven Deutschland GmbH*

Immanuelkirchstraße 26, 10405 Berlin

Alexanderufer 3-7, 10117 Berlin

Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 209739 B

Geschäftsführer: Oskari Saarenmaa & Hannu Valtonen

*m:* +491603708037

*w:* aiven.io *e:* matthew.dedetr...@aiven.io