Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the KIP. A few comments below.

1. kafka-configs.sh (incrementalAlterConfigs) allows you to dynamically
change the configs. Maybe in this case, we should not allow the user to
change `group.type` if it's already set.
2. What's the behaviour after a group transitions into DEAD state. Do we
add new control records to reset the state? Can we reuse the group again?
3. Are we going to write new control records after the
AlterShareGroupOffsets API to reset the state?
4. Is there any API for DeleteShareGroups? I assume, group co-ordinator is
going to handle the API. If so, Does this mean the group co-ordinator also
needs to write control records?
5. How about using "org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.share" package for
new interfaces/classes?

Thanks,
Manikumar