Hi Mario,

Thanks for the KIP. I'm on-board with this KIP, I just wanted to verify a
discrepancy I noticed.

I checked all of the call-sites of Struct#get(Field) and Struct#get(String)
in Kafka, and noticed there are some call-sites which are not included in
the KIP.
1. The Flatten transformation seems to already have the
"replace.null.with.default=false" behavior unconditionally.
2. The MaskField transformation unconditionally injects default values for
top-level structs.
3. The ValueTokey transformation injects defaults for each of the
configured "fields"
4. The Values#convertToString method injects default values, but as this
isn't configurable I think we'll need to leave it as-is.

Did you intend to add this configuration to the Flatten, MaskField, or
ValueToKey transformations, or should those be addressed in a separate
effort?
Since the "false" behavior is desirable, I think the Flatten transform
could be left as-is, rather than adding a configuration that nobody needs.

Thanks,
Greg