+1

Btw: I just looked into Jira, and we have 90 tickets with "fixed version" set to 4.0.0. I would assume that most of them need to be updated to 3.9.0?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-16924?jql=project%20%3D%20KAFKA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%204.0.0

For anybody who has context on any of these tickets, please take a look and update them.

I think Colin as RM should double check this list shortly before the 3.9 release, and it should hopefully be much shorter.

-Matthias