Hi Brendan,
Thanks for the KIP. The metrics are always helpful.

AM1: Is `application-event-queue-age-avg` enough or do we require `
application-event-queue-age-max` as well to differentiate with outliers?

AM2: The kafka producer defines metric `record-queue-time-avg` which
captures the time spent in the buffer. Do you think we should have a
similar name for `application-event-queue-age-avg` i.e. change to `
application-event-queue-time-avg`? Moreover other than similar naming,
`time` anyways seems more suitable than `age`, though minor. The `time`
usage is also aligned with the description of this metric.

AM3: Metric `application-event-processing-time` says "the average time,
that the consumer network.....". Shall we have the `-avg` suffix in the
metric as we have defined for other metrics? Also do we require the max
metric as well for the same?

AM4: Is the telemetry name for `unsent-requests-queue-size` intended
as `org.apache.kafka.consumer.unsent.requests.size`,
or it should be corrected to `
org.apache.kafka.consumer.unsent.requests.queue.size`?

AM2:
Regards,
Apoorv Mittal
+44 7721681581