Gwen,

Just for clarification, you were suggesting we should or should not include
MM improvement in 0.8.3? I personally would prefer it (KAFKA-1650 and
KAFKA-1997) to go into 0.8.3.

I see Joe has made a pass over the tickets and mark them 0.8.3. We can
probably do another pass and consider adding:

1) Purgatory improvement (KAFKA-1989).
2) Compression improvement (KAFKA-527).
3) Some unit test failures (KAFKA-1501, I think we are pretty close in
getting it fixed).
4) any other tickets?

Guozhang

--