Hey Sriharsha,

Thanks for the excellent write-up.

Couple of minor questions:

1. Isn't the blocking handshake going to be a performance concern? Can we
do the handshake non-blocking instead? If anything that causes connections
to drop can incur blocking network roundtrips won't that eat up all the
network threads immediately? I guess I would have to look at that code to
know...

2. Do we need to support blocking channel at all? That is just for the old
clients, and I think we should probably just leave those be to reduce scope
here.

3. Can we change the APIs to drop the getters when that is not required by
the API being implemented. In general we don't use setters and getters as a
naming convention.

The long explanation on that is that setters/getters kind of imply a style
of java programming where you have simple structs with getters and setters
for each field. In general we try to have access methods only when
necessary, and rather than setters model the full change or action being
carried out, and if possible disallow change entirely. This is more in line
with modern java style I think. We aren't perfect in following this, but
once you start with getters and setters people start just adding them
everywhere and then using them.

-Jay